One of our favorite meals is snow peas, rice, and tofu. This easy meal requires little effort and no recipes. Here is the break down for meal prep:
- 60 minutes before you want to eat – start to boil 1 part rice and 2 parts water, while you wait for it to boil, wash and chop snow peas
- 50 minutes to go – rice boiling, turned down to simmer (2 on our stove), wait a minute, cover and leave alone
- (now you have 40 minutes free to relax)
- 11 minutes to go – slice tofu, set oven to 500º broil, put tofu in oven for 6 1/2 minutes, and start to boil water to steam snow peas
- 4 minutes to go – flip tofu, put back in the oven for 3 1/2 minutes, and put on snow peas (steam for 2-4 minutes)
- dinner’s ready
Sprinkle with cashew cheese and enjoy!
And of course, 0 grams of cholesterol and 0 grams of trans fat.