In July I posted a recipe for the deodorant that I use and promised to post the extra strength recipe that I make for my very active husband. This deodorant works super well for him.
- 4 tablespoons distilled water
- 4 tablespoons witch hazel
- 4 tablespoons aloe gel (not jelly, the kind that is drinkable, but not juice)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerine
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 18 drops patchouli essential oil
- 12 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 12 drops tea tree essential oil
- 12 drops lavender essential oil
- 6 drops of bergamot essential oil
Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle (preferably glass). Spray generously on your armpits, rub in with your hands, and apply one more squirt for good measure. Allow to dry before dressing.
In my quest toward more natural, safe, and environmentally friendly products, I have tried countless natural deodorants, but I never found any that worked to my satisfaction. I am embarrassed to admit that up until May of this year, I was using Suave spray antiperspirant (probably one of the worst for my health and the environment). Since your body is supposed to sweat to cool down and release toxins, it seems kinda dumb to try to stop it from sweating so I wanted to make a deodorant (not antiperspirant) that kept me smelling good all day. This is the winning formula, I have been using it since May 26, and I promise it works!
- 2 tablespoons distilled water
- 2 tablespoons witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons aloe gel (not jelly, the kind that is drinkable, but not juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable glycerine
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil
- 3 drops sweet orange essential oil
Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle (preferably glass). Spray generously on your armpits, rub in with your hands, and apply one more squirt for good measure. Allow to dry before dressing. I apply this deodorant in the morning and again in the evening after showering. An extra advantage is the aloe conditions my skin. Give it a try, let me know how it works for you. Later I will post my extra strength boy recipe that my husband uses.