2 small heads cauliflower, cut into large florets
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 large potatoes, diced
2-3 carrots, shredded
3 cups water
1 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons dill
2 cups unsweetened soymilk
4-5 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
You can make this deliciously creamy soup in about 30 minutes. Since you are going to purée the soup, don’t spend a lot of time neatly chopping the veggies.
1. Place cauliflower, onion, garlic, potatoes, carrots, and water in large pot.
2. Bring veggies to a boil and simmer until tender (about 20 min).
3. Use an immersion blender to purée the veggie mix right in the pan with broth (or use a food processor or blender).
4. Add salt, pepper, dill, soymilk, and nutritional yeast.
5. Cook over low heat until hot and/or ready to serve.
Note on Nutritional Yeast: It is not the same as yeast used for baking bread. It is a nutritional supplement available in health food stores. People describe its flavor as cheesy. I don’t love the taste of it in high amounts, but 4-5 tablespoons in this soup gave it a cheesy feel. Nutritional yeast is high in B12 (one of the few vitamins that vegans need to supplement).