- 1 quart of fresh blueberries (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup vegan sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons vegan sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 1/2 cup soymilk
Combine sugar and arrowroot in a small saucepan (1 1/2 quart), then stir in the blueberries and water. Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour into a square glass baking dish.
In a medium size bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using your hands mix in the vegan butter until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in soymilk. Drop by spoonfuls onto the fruit. Bake at 400º until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Serve with vegan vanilla ice cream – YUM!!
Based on Fresh Peach Cobbler recipe from chooseveg.com
1 ½ cups of whole wheat pastry flour
½ cup of organic sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 Ener-G Egg Replacer
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon soy milk
3 tablespoons organic canola oil
1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
¼ cup organic sugar
¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tablespoons of vegan butter
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder).
2. Prepare the “egg.”
3. Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl (egg, oil, milk).
4. Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
5. Add blueberries and stir gently.
6. Place unbleached cupcake wrappers into muffin tin.
7. Scoop batter into cups.
8. Preheat oven to 400º.
9. Make topping in a small bowl by mixing sugar, flour, butter with your fingers.
10. Crumble on top of each muffin.
11. Bake at 400º for 23-25 minutes.
According to my calculations 1 muffin contains 149 calories, 5 grams of fat (.7 saturated fat, 1.5 polyunsaturated, 2.7 monounsaturated), 0 cholesterol, and 2 grams of protein.