The flavor for this super easy, super yummy soup comes from the vegan sausage.
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 medium onion (minced)
2 medium carrots (shredded)
1 large cabbage (shredded)
2 large potatoes (cubed)
5 cups water
2 15-ounce cans of cannellini beans (white beans)
1 14-ounce package of tofu sausage (Tofurky Sweet Italian Sausage)
1. Mince the garlic in the food processor. Add onion and continue mincing. (Since I received a food processor for Christmas from my parents, I have been processing everything.)
2. Put onion and garlic in large soup pot.
3. Shred carrots with food processor shredding blade and add to pot.
4. Shred cabbage and add to pot. (I couldn’t believe how much cabbage one head produced so I didn’t use the whole cabbage. After the soup was cooked, I wished that I had used the entire head since it shrinks.)
5. Scrub and cube potatoes and add to pot. (I always leave the skin on my potatoes.)
6. Add water to pot. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down to medium, and simmer until all veggies are tender, about 30 minutes.
7. Rinse beans and add to soup.
8. Cut sausage into small pieces and add to soup.
9. Turn down to low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes until flavors all combine.